I was reviewing my business progress and I looked back at my website which I was so excited, and proud of at launch – 14th February 2017 – there has been no new news since 10th March. Oh dear!
The last post I made in news was 10th March. That’s over 13 weeks ago! Clearly that is not keeping people up to date or sharing any of the exciting things I have been doing.
Why is this?
Frankly, I’ve been busy experimenting with my “work balance” and it has been great fun!
Some of you will know I’m juggling a new business, integrating myself back into family life (having worked away all week for over 10 years), returning to being classified as a runner, and of course working on my Executive MBA at Leeds University.
I’m having to consult my diary and my planner to work out where/what I’ve been doing that I could possibly talk about without causing issues as I have had to sign some confidentiality agreements.
To try to keep this brief – 3 points per headline;
News on the Business
- First client secured – cobi.eu – we’re going to help build them a UK & Eire business which I’m really excited about!
- I’m working with 3 sets of American companies to deliver further work – I’ll share when appropriate…sorry to tease.
- Time is precious…there are opportunities everywhere!
News of my Family Life Integration
- I watched my 7 year old’s football tournament on a Wednesday afternoon
- Both my children unprompted have said they like having me at home, and even miss me if I’m away overnight now!
- I am allowed to put my movements on the family calendar (that is progress!)
News on my Running Progress
- Ran Liverpool half marathon in 1hr 38min
- Ran Leeds half marathon in 1hr 39min 30secs (trust me if you’ve done it that feels better than at Liverpool!)
- YTD I’ve run 627 kilometres which is equivalent to running from Harrogate to Paris!
News about my Leeds University MBA
- Currently still on track for a distinction (by publicly sharing this I’ve just upped the pressure!)
- Started a board room challenge group exercise which we chose to do on BREXIT which is incredibly challenging!
- Completed the first part of “Operations & Information Management” which leads to a 4,000 word assignment to be handed in on 4th September 2017
Commitment to a monthly update focused on the four headings and I will try to flag “Reasons to Celebrate” along the way. The theory being we all witness something positive and that’s worth sharing. During the last 13 weeks I spent a long time working on something that didn’t come off but I also saw some really inspirational things too. For those who haven’t seen this “pop-yourself” you’ve got to try it (you can see my effort at the start of the post). This team have done a great job on their business plus they have a lot of fun with it too! There is a lesson for all of us in that.
Until next time…and I won’t leave it 13 weeks.